Invisalign is comparable in many ways to braces. For example, both Invisalign and traditional braces correct the same types of problems (crooked and misaligned teeth, bad bites, etc.), and are similar in terms of financial cost. However, Invisalign® has many advantages over traditional metal braces, and produces a wide range of benefits for patients who choose to receive it.
These advantages and benefits include:
- Comfort – Invisalign clear aligners are specially designed using advanced 3D computer modeling. This means that each set of aligners fits your mouth perfectly and allows for gradual tooth movement, reducing the pain, discomfort and irritation associated with traditional orthodontic treatment.
- Convenience – Your Invisalign aligners are removable. This means that you have no restrictions on foods that you can eat, and that you can brush and floss your teeth with ease. You can also receive other dental procedures form your general dentist as needed and play sports without worry that your aligners will damage your mouth.
- Discretion – Invisalign is almost entirely unnoticeable. Many people may not be aware that you are receiving orthodontic treatment unless you tell them.
- Fewer Office Visits During Treatment – With Invisalign, you only need to visit every 8-12 weeks, instead of every 4-6 as you would with braces.
- Improved Oral Health and Hygiene – Braces often cause problems with your oral hygiene due to the fact that it is much more difficult to clean your teeth while wearing them. This can lead to tooth decay, infection, plaque scars and many other problems. With Invisalign, you can simply remove your aligners to clean both your teeth and the aligners themselves. This makes it easy to keep your smile healthy throughout treatment.
- Shorter Treatment Time – In many cases, Invisalign can dramatically reduce your total treatment time. In fact, Invisalign has been known to shorten treatment time up to 50%!
- Special Occasions – If you have a special event coming up and do not want your orthodontic treatment distracting from your appearance or getting in the way, simply remove your aligners. Please remember, however, that your treatment will progress more rapidly the more frequently you wear your aligners. To achieve the best results, you should wear your Invisalign aligners 22 hours each day.
Another reason to receive Invisalign are the benefits of having straight teeth following your treatment. By straightening your teeth, you not only achieve a more beautiful smile, but resolve or prevent the many oral health problems associated with teeth that are crooked, misaligned or gapped. Straight teeth are easier to keep clean and healthy, which in turn gives you healthier gums and supporting oral structures and helps you avoid developing tooth decay or gum disease. Straight teeth also function correctly, meaning that you can speak without difficulty and eat without pain or restrictions.
We invite you to call or text studioSMILE Orthodontics today at 913-953-6767 to schedule your complimentary consultation with Dr. Kelly Tabacchi and learn more about the advantages of Invisalign in Overland Park, Kansas, and surrounding areas.